1. Contract and booking
- This agreement is made on the basis that the property (‘the Property’) is to be occupied by the holidaymakers for a holiday (as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 or similar legislation in other jurisdictions) and the Holidaymakers acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age. Group bookings of single sex parties are not allowed unless special arrangements are made with the Owner (safety deposits may be required).
- No pets are allowed at the Property.
- No bookings are valid until confirmed by the Owner in writing.
- Once a booking is confirmed it is not subject to change. If you choose to cancel see section 8 for details of the terms that would apply. Whilst we will be under no obligation to do so, we may in certain circumstances and with the agreement of the Owner, make minor adjustments to bookings. In these circumstances we will charge £20 to make the change.
- A deposit of 1/3rd of the cost of the holiday (‘Deposit’) must accompany the booking request. The Deposit is non-refundable unless the Owner is unable to accept the booking, and as specified below.
- The Owner recommends that Holiday Insurance is taken out when making a booking even when payment is made in full.
4. Balance Payment
- Once a booking is confirmed by the Owner, the Guest is responsible for the full balance of the cost of the holiday. This shall be paid not later than 4 weeks before the booking is due to commence.
- The Owner reserves the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 7 days in arrears whereupon any monies paid by the Guest over and above any non-refundable Deposit will be refunded. However, if the Owner is unable to re-let the holiday the Guest will remain liable for the outstanding balance of the cost of the holiday, and the Deposit.
5. Owner’s Responsibilities
- The Owner is solely responsible for providing the accommodation and for the safety of all Guests and/or his/her invitees (jointly known as ‘the Holidaymakers’). The Owner accepts no responsibility for personal injury to, or death of, any Holidaymakers, or loss of or consequential loss or damage to their property, except to the extent such personal injury or death is caused by the negligence or wilful default of the Owner.
6. Holidaymakers’ Responsibilities and Forfeiture
- The Holidaymakers shall keep the Property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in, on or at the Property in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday, and shall leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found.
- The Holidaymaker must report and pay to the Owner the cost of any damage or breakages made during their holiday occupancy. The Owner reserves the right to make a reasonable charge where guests have contravened an Owner’s request for their Property to be smoke-free.
- The Holidaymakers’ right to occupy the Property may be forfeited without compensation if:
- More people than declared to the Owner at the time of booking or before the commencement of the holiday and/or the number the Property holds, attempt to take up occupation;
- Any pets are taken to the property;
- Overnight guests are entertained without the Owner’s express permission;
- Any activity is undertaken which is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance; or
- Any of the Holidaymakers smoke in or at the Property.
- In the event of the Property becoming unavailable (such as due to fire or flooding), the Owner will endeavour to provide the Guest with suitable alternative accommodation or will refund all monies paid, or a proportion in the case of curtailment. The Owner cannot, however, pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event.
- In the event of cancellation, Guests may be due a partial refund which is dependent on when notice of cancellation is given to us before the holiday start date. The refund is calculated as follows:
- 21 or less days notice: No refund due
- 22-35 days notice: 10% of the total accommodation cost
- 36-49 days notice: 20% of the total accommodation cost
- 50-63 days notice: 40% of the total accommodation cost
- More than 63 days notice: the Guest’s liability for the remainder of the balance will be waived or the balance refunded if this has been paid previously.
If a refund is due it will be paid within 10 working days of cancellation.
- Where a Booking has been taken with a deposit which is less than our standard Deposit (of 1/3 of the total accommodation cost), the Guest will, upon cancellation, be liable to pay the difference between the reduced deposit and our standard Deposit.
- If your booking was made in accordance with our Special Customer Amendments Policy (a ‘Transferred Booking’) the numbers of days’ notice you will be deemed to have given for paragraph 8.1. will be the lower of either; a. the number of days notice to transfer the original booking or b. the number of days notice to cancel the Transferred Booking.
- No dogs or pets are permitted in the properties.
- The Owner or their representative shall be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
- In the event of there being cause for complaint concerning a Property, the matter shall be taken up with the Owner (or Owner’s caretaker) at once (their details are supplied on the booking confirmation and they understand that they are the first point of contact should there be cause for complaint). It is important that this is done whilst you are still at the Property so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required.
- In no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended, when the Holidaymakers have denied the Owner/caretaker the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to remedy matters during the holiday.
- We have compiled the information in our brochure and on our Website as accurately as possible at the time of going to press. However, facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside the Owner’s control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility.
- We make every effort to ensure that the Property details are accurately reproduced. Mistakes may occur from time to time, and confirmation should be requested prior to booking. The Holidaymakers accept that minor differences between text/photographs/illustrations in the brochure and on the Website and the actual Property may arise. We cannot accept responsibility should the Property not conform to the Holidaymaker’s standards. If a facility is particularly important to you, please check with us prior to your booking.
- The Owner may as part of a booking introduce Holidaymakers to the goods and/or services of third parties. The Owner shall not be treated as an agent for any such third parties, and any contract for the supply of such goods and/or services shall be between the provider and the Holidaymaker.
- Please see our Privacy Statement which explains how we will process your personal data.
- All electronic data transferred pursuant to these terms and conditions remains the property of the Owner or their agents and may not be replicated in part or whole without prior written permission. Electronic data will not be preserved indefinitely.
- Any dispute, claim or other matter which may arise in relation to your booking will be governed by English law and you agree that any dispute will be dealt with exclusively by the courts of England and Wales.
7. Unavailability of Property
10. Owners’ Access to Property
11. Complaints Procedure
13. Communication with You and Data
The Booking Conditions will apply to all confirmed bookings, and these Website Booking Conditions supersede all previous editions.